Saturday, March 25, 2006

Tying The Knot?

Alhamdulillah, my first progress presentation went well. To be honest, during my presentation, all the 'killer' lecturers had left because it was already 5 o'clock. So actually, that's the sole reason it went well and I'm really thankful for that. Only two lecturers were present during my presentation. One is my supervisor and the other one is the coordinator for engineering postgraduate studies. The coordinator is from mechatronics department, therefore he had nothing to comment since I am from computer engineering department. The best part was, my supervisor told me that I had delivered a good presentation. That's enough for me to hear :)

To my surprise, instead of asking me questions, the coordinator told me to reconsider if I plan to 'tie the knot'! He asked me to finish my thesis first before planning to do such thing. He said he could not tolerate students extending their studies due to matrimonial commitments. I couldn't help giggling at the thought of me getting married. Me? Of all people! His remark certainly brightened my day hehe. Sister Iman, one PHD student who was also present, quickly protested, "Sir, now that you said that, she will not go looking for a husband. Men don't like educated women." Now, that's really funny! Her protest certainly brought laughter in the room, and I couldn't help agreeing with her hundred percent. :)

No comments: